Golfing in Southern West Virginia
A little known fact is that West Virginia had the first golf course in the country at the fabled Greenbrier Resort. This course still always makes the top ten list. We have a number of courses in our area. The following courses are public.
New River Gorge Area Golf Courses
- Bridgehaven Golf Club. Close 574-2120
- Hawk’s Nest State Park. Closer, 9 holes. 658-5212
- Glade Springs Resort. Best course around. Fifty minute drive. 763-2050
- The Brier Patch. In Beckley. 253-4653
- White Oak Country Club. Oak Hill. 9 holes. 465-5639