Now here is the really amazing thing: Fayetteville, our little town, has been on top 10 lists of all kinds— climbing towns, rafting towns, coolest towns, best small towns.
Here are just a few:
- Best Adventure Town- National Geographic
- Top 10 Mountain Towns- North American Hunting Club
- Top 10 Paddling Town- Paddler Magazine
- Best River Town- Blue Ridge Outdoors
- Best wild dining- Food Network’s ‘Best of’
- Coolest Small Town- Budget + Travel Magazine
- Best American Pizza Joints- Huffington Post
- Top Things to Throw Yourself Off Of – Lonely Planet
- Top Student Destination- CheapFlights.com
- Top All-Time Bridges- Road & Bridges Magazine
- Best Places in the South- Southern Living
Reading this list makes me want to hit the road and see them all.
When you add these all up, it makes a very powerful statement about where we call home. If these weirdly diverse groups and categories can all agree (and they do) that’s a lot of fingers pointing in our direction from a bunch of very different angles.
And we are willing to share this wonderful place with you. Okay, when are you going to see firsthand why we are on so many top 10 lists?
Reminds me of a song. “The only way to the top is looking out for number 1, and thats me. I am looking out for number one.” Name that tune and who recorded it for a bunch of ossum free stuff with your next stay.