1. Cold at the beach blows, but cold in the mountains is pretty awesome (skiing, hiking, snuggling, etc.)
2. You don’t want to be around a bunch of drunk college kids/be a bunch of drunk college kids.
3. Beaches are overpriced. Always. For everything.
4. The beach can get freezing cold this time of year.
5. The views in the mountains are big and amazing when you can see them without the summer foliage.
6. Sand crack. ‘Nuff said.
7. You dare to be different. Just like, say, a mountaineer.
8. You can have an entire national park pretty much all to yourselves (it’s our backyard).
9. Most of you pass the mountains on the way to the beach, or maybe it’s the same distance either way. Total no brainer.
10. No undertow.