Epic, never seen before WHITEWATER WONDERLAND.
Everyone has more whitewater than they know what to do with. What they don’t have is a quiet, cozy cabin tucked in the woods, and our inside info on how best to handle it.
Don’t get me wrong, this Gauley River rafting season is going to be epic. More water than ever scheduled before. (You see, they have released this much and more, but they have never told us when it was going to happen.) So now that we can plan for it, you should, too.
Okay, as you can see in the wonderful newsletter from or CVB (Convention and Visitor Bureau, the folks responsible for making good use of half of the 12% tax we have to charge you when you book any lodging), that all the raft companies are very excited about the extra H2O, as well they should be.
This is how we make your life better: we will give you the inside scoop on all the other great stuff to do while you are here for this epic, never seen before Whitewater Wonderland!
We have some links to our great itineraries, but for the hardcore goining-to-raft-all-day-everyday guest, this is for you:
- Save the boozing it up for the end of the trip. Like, the last night. Countless guide stories about the guy with the hangover…
- Use the hot tub to loosen up those paddling muscles.
- Have the fridge stocked with easy-to-make meals (i.e., grill it!)
- Day two or three, schedule a day off and have our message team come work you over.
- Go for a hike or bike ride to get the lower body in the game.
- Make it a progression. Don’t start out with a Double Upper Gauley trip.
- Start on the Lower Gualey at normal flow on a Sunday, hit the upper on Monday, and then do the Lower river on these dates:
Sept 17, 24 and Oct 1
Rest for a day and see massage team
Bike for a day, then
Of course, you will have to win the lottery or quit your job, but this is going to be EPIC, and may never happen again!
Of course, we have special rates to help if you do not win said lottery or do quit your job.